What is aroma therapy candle?
Aroma therapy is used in many cultures to release stress and rejuvenate the senses. With the help of aroma therapy candles you can create a radiant and fresh ambience of your home and set your mood to tranquility and peace. With the help of scented candles you can revoke your senses and release stress instantly. Having aromatic candles at home can add pure bliss to your life. The Aroma therapy candles look like the normal candles but they have a scented aroma that fills the surroundings when lighted.
An aroma therapy candle releases mild yet powerful scent which can be floral, herbal or any other pleasant scent into the entire room when you light it. The essential oils present in the aromatic candles get infused with the air of the room in which you breathe and it enters your body when you inhale it. These scents have tranquil effect on brain and it helps in improving your conditions in many ways.
There are many benefits of using aromatherapy candles and if you are wondering, how to make aroma therapy candles? Well it is easy and you can do it at home with very simple ingredients. Here we will learn How to make aroma therapy candles at home with the simple way using the minimum ingredients. So let us begin:
Things required in making aroma therapy candles:
There are very simple things that are required in making aroma therapy candles, these ingredients are:
- Cotton wicks
- Clean containers to melt the oils
- Wooden spoon or wooden ice-cream stick to stir the melted wax and oils
- Pots to melt the wax
- Organic Beeswax or soy
- Essential oils according to your own choice
- Mason jar or tin
- Tape and pencil
How to make aroma therapy candles:
- First of all you have to take two pots in order to create a double boiler. You can use the bigger pot filled with water and put it to boil. When the water in the bigger pot starts boiling you can use the second pot by placing it on the surface of boiling water. Make sure the water drops from the boiling water doesn’t wet the small pot.
- When the smaller pot gets warm, place the bee wax inside it and keep the heat on until the bee wax melts completely. Stir it occasionally, if needed.
- In the meanwhile you can make the other arrangements like cleaning the Mason jar or tin. Fixing tape around the pencil with the wick and putting the wick inside the Mason jar or tin and taping it at the bottom so that it is secure at one place.
- When the bee wax is melted completely, you should now add the essential oils to it. You can add more drops if you want the aromatic candles to have strong smell.
- Stir it well with wooden spoon or ice cream stick.
- Pour the mix of melted wax and essential oils inside the containers having fixed wicks.
- Let it cool for an hour and, your own DIY aromatic candles are ready.
Benefits of aroma therapy candles:
Now you know How to make aroma therapy candles? So, it is the time you must know the benefits of the aroma therapy candles. So scroll down and check out:
Stress Buster: There are many flavors of essential oils which are well known as stress buster. If your life is stressful, you must use the fragrances like rose, lavender and cardamom to release stress and frustrations. It also cures sleep disorders.
Energy Booster: The aromatic candles are also good energy boosters. If you want to uplift your mood, you must try the essential oils of cinnamon, lemon and ginger.
Congestion Reliever: For people who suffer from respiratory troubles, burning aromatherapy candles with essential oils like black pepper oil or peppermint oil is a well known remedy. It clears the symptoms of medical conditions like cold, flu and respiratory infections and it is good for congestion in nasal cavity.
Mental Fatigue: Having mental fatigue is common these days so if you too suffer from this condition, you must try the candles made up of essential oils like peppermint, basil or eucalyptus scents.
The festival of Diwali is knocking at the door and we are sure that you will be looking for some unique gifts to present your near and dear ones. Why not gift them home made aroma therapy candles? Want to know how to make aroma therapy candles and where to learn? Join the best academy for candle making in India / Delhi, CSDO.
Here you will get the scope to learn ABCD of candle making by experts and if you wish you will get assistance of starting a business of candle making right from home.