We all are aware of the cold process of soap making. Most of us have also used such soap bars that are made with this process, so if you too are interested but wondering how to make cold process soap, here is the simplest way of making cold process soap with basic ingredients that you can easily find. So, make your own soaps and enjoy the luxury. Before we begin, let us understand what exactly it is.
What is cold process soap making?
The common process of mixing various herbs, essential oils and Lye without heating is known as the making of cold process soap. When the above mentioned ingredients are mixed and set for weeks, beautiful natural soaps are formed. When you make soaps with cold process you have the benefits of having a soap bar without chemical treatments and you have the control of missing the ingredients.
These are long lasting soap bars that have natural colors and fragrances. The curing time of the cold process soap is around four to six weeks. If you are impressed with it, here is the recipe on how to make cold process soap.
Raw material used for cold process soap:
With the help of these simple and easily available raw materials you can easily make your own cold process soap. It needs a lot of patience and a little bit of practice to prepare the best soaps.
- Coconut Oil
- Shea butter
- Olive Oil
- Palm Oil
- Distilled Water
- 99% isopropyl alcohol
- Soap moulds
How to make cold process soap?
If you are wondering How to make cold process soap, with easy steps, here are the instructions:
- First of all, with top most care you have to add lye in the distilled water and gently stir it till the lye completely dissolves in the soap and the liquid looks clear. Now keep it aside to cool.
- Now melt the coconut oil and when it becomes liquid, add the other oils into it. Mix it well.
- Add the mixture of oils into the lye water. Mix it well and until there is no air bubble.
- When you see there are no bubbles present in the mixture, you can simply pour the mixture inside the soap moulds.
- Now firmly place the soap mould on a counter so that it is placed on a smooth surface.
- Now spray 99% isopropyl alcohol on the surface of the soap. It will help the soap to remain bubble free because it avoids the soda ash from forming.
- Keep the soap in the mould for 3 to 4 days and then unmold it.
- After you unmold it, keep the soap for cure until 4 to 6 weeks. Your soap will be firmer and long lasting with this process.
Benefits of Cold Process Soap:
- Creamy Texture: Soaps made up of cold process have creamy texture because of the natural ingredients used in making the soap. The oils used in the cols process soap are all natural and have many benefits on skin. It acts as a deep moisturizer and helps in minimizing dryness of skin.
- Natural Ingredients: The natural ingredients of Cold process soap like coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter are restored in the process of cold process of soap making so it is better for skin. When you make soap using the hot technique the essential oils and the natural ingredients are burned and lost in the making process.
- Long lasting Scent: The scents present in the cold process of soap making get intensified with time as it takes weeks to make the cold process soaps. Also with time, the scent of the cold process soap gets accentuated. Sometime people add natural flower petals or hers to give flavor and aroma to the soaps. It also gets better with time.
- Lather: It gives luxurious lather when you use the soaps made up of cold process techniques. Since the oils and butter used in the process are not lost in the process of heating, the lather that comes from the cold process soap is rich and luxurious.
- Good to look: Cold process soaps are good to look at because of the natural colors and textures included in making it.
If you are still not clear about How to make cold process soap, then we will suggest you to take admission in one of the top notch and Best academy for soap making in India / Delhi, CSDO. Special classes are taken on this subject by professional experts to train you about the techniques of making soap. If you want they can also assist you in starting your very own homemade soap making business. Join today to learn quality soap making.